About the service
Running from our hub at 62 Summer Street in Aberdeen, our Direct Access Team are on hand to provide support with a wide variety of issues that can impact on an individual accessing or sustaining permanent accommodation.
The Direct Access Service:
- Provides specialist advice with the support to address identified needs
- Helps those we work with to build skills in relation to tenancy sustainment, debt management and employability
- Supports those who present in crisis with multiple, varying and often complex needs
- Helps those we work with to identify and access services and supports that they may be entitled to
Who we help
The service is available to people aged 16 years old and over who are:
- At risk of homelessness
- Having difficulties in accessing benefits
- Vulnerable or at risk
- Struggling financially
How we help
Advice and support is offered in various forms and can include:
- Advice on homelessness issues, housing and benefits
- Assistance with formal appeals
- Guidance on job applications
- Advocacy and support
- Referrals to other agencies
- Referrals to our Street Alternatives service, providing hot meals and access to shower and laundry facilities.
- Food parcels and access to clothing and toiletries
- Access to computers, the internet and printing
- Support to access furniture
- Mailbox service for those with no fixed address
How to access the service
No appointments are necessary, see opening times on this page. You can also contact us using the details on this page if you have any questions about the service.
The Direct Access Service works on a first-come-first-served basis. At times, due to high demand, there may be a wait to be seen. Tea and coffee facilities are available.